Why I Started The Threshold
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
— Isaiah 43:18-19
Hey, I’m Glad You’re Here 💝
Why I Started This
“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”— Psalm 34:18
What Is A Threshold, Anyway?
In a deeper, emotional, and spiritual sense, a threshold is any place of transition, waiting, or becoming. It’s that uncomfortable, charged space where you have left behind what was familiar, but you haven’t yet arrived at what’s next. It’s the tension between the question and the answer, the prayer and the breakthrough, the breaking and the healing.
To Escape the "Sunday Mask": Too often, church culture and modern spaces trick us into thinking we can only show up when we've got it all together. The Threshold is called that because we refuse to wait until we've crossed the finish line to be honest. We meet right at the doorway—masks down, unfiltered, and real.
Because God Meets Us in the Middle: Scripture is full of moments where God meets people right at the threshold—in the wilderness, in the waiting, and in the doorway of a brand-new, terrifying season. He doesn't wait for us to clean up our act or figure out our panic attacks before He shows up. He knocks on the door of the mess.
To Honor the Journey: Healing isn't a single event; it's a process of walking through doors. By naming the space The Threshold, we are claiming it as a sanctuary. It’s a place where grief, mental health, doubt, faith, and joy all sit at the exact same table.
You aren't stuck; you're standing right on the threshold of a new thing. And this podcast is the place where we cross it together.
- Zephaniah 1:9 talks about those who “leap over the threshold”—stepping across lines of security into the unknown.
- Psalm 84:10 famously declares: “I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.” Just standing at the threshold of His presence changes everything.
- But my absolute favorite is Revelation 3:20: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
What We’re Getting Into Here
- Mental Health & The Soul: Tearing down the stigma around anxiety, depression, and burnout, and pairing practical tools with God’s peace (Philippians 4:6-7).
- Money, Poverty & Provision: Real talk about broke seasons, blessed seasons, financial survival, and learning what contentment actually means when the budget is tight (Matthew 6:33).
- Grief, Loss & Hope: Learning how to lament well, hold space for sorrow, and keep breathing when healing looks completely different than what we prayed for (John 11:35).
- Faith & Real Life: How faith actually survives the corporate 9-to-5, relationship drama, leadership exhaustion, and trying to love humans when humans are hard to love (Galatians 6:2).
What’s Coming in Season 1: "Walking Through"
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ... who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction.”— 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
An Invitation
- Subscribe to the podcast (links dropping soon!).
- Sign up for the blog so you never miss a post.
- Send this to your favorite human who needs a reminder that they aren't alone in the middle.
“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”— Deuteronomy 31:8
Before You Go...
- What threshold are you standing at right now?
- Where do you need to feel God's fierce nearness today?

This is amazing, buckle up girls we are up for a treat…cannot wait for more, keep it coming
ReplyDeleteThis truly spoke to me i can relate. Chair pulled and coffee in my hand bring it on...
ReplyDeleteFrom the first two sentences I saw myself, bring it on
ReplyDeleteWhat really stood out to me is the reminder that God doesn’t wait for us to have everything figured out before He meets us. He meets us right in the mess. There’s something deeply comforting about that.I’m genuinely excited to see where you take this. I think a lot of people will find a place to breathe, be honest, and encounter God here. Keep going, Pae—you’re building something meaningful. 🙏🏽
ReplyDeleteHeavily relates
ReplyDeleteOh wow, this is beautiful Patie. Looking forward to more. I love how real it, talking about real issues that we face on our daily lives. No matter how spirit filled we are. I am threshold of trying of trying to fully discover and grasp this new journey am in
ReplyDeleteWell versed and reflective. Sunday morning vibes and Monday morning reality is where it's at. Thank you for sharing your gift with us, we anticipate a beautiful journey.
ReplyDeleteThis is so good!!I’m really looking forward to season 1
ReplyDelete